Random Ramblings of the Roaches

Random Ramblings of the Roaches

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Easter

Easter... What a great time of year to celebrate.  I have so many intentions of activities to do and ways to commemorate the season in years to come.  But for this year I failed miserably.  Good thing Gabriel doesn't know the difference and won't remember that I pretty much forgot the day entirely.  Well, not completely, but I definitely didn't make it as special as I hope to in the future.  Being this late in pregnancy can do that to a person... causing them to completely blow off holidays and what not. 
I will say that AmiCheri and I did a successful "Easter egg hunt" for both Benson and Gabriel at my parent's home. 
"Hiding the eggs" in the living room

They were very well "hidden"




Someone was a little too anxious to find the eggs in order for us parents to do a starting photo-op
Of course Gabriel really was too young to appreciate the concept of "finding" eggs...
"Finding" an egg
but he certainly did enjoy shaking the eggs with the different contents inside making all sorts of different noises.













Benson (being about 6 months older) was a pro at "finding" the eggs and putting them in his basket.














 It helps that he is able to walk and actually can move around to retrieve the eggs. 
6 months makes a big difference at this age
He became especially excited once he realized that the plastic eggs opened up and there were treats on the inside.  He learned really quickly the trick to opening the eggs and pretty much stuffed himself on Vanilla Goldfish, Teddy Grahams and Jelly Beans.  Dinner that night for him was a no-go. 

In the end Gabriel had a lot of fun just playing with everything. 






And even though he won't remember it, I will.  So I guess the more appropriate phrase would be I had a lot of fun by watching Gabriel, as any mommy should with their child.  And I think my parents really enjoyed themselves watching not only their children having fun but their grandchildren enjoying the moment. 
It was a lot of fun being able to spend the day, well weekend actually with family.  That was probably my favorite part of the holiday.  Eric had to work unfortunately so we didn't get to spend too much time with him.  Even still, hanging with my parents and brother and his family was a treat.

I am glad that we have this holiday every year to remind ourselves of the great and everlasting sacrifice that our Savior performed for us through the Atonement.  But even better than recognizing it 1 time a year, we get to remember it every single week as we partake of the Sacrament.  We get to renew our covenants made at baptism and promise to once again try harder the next upcoming week to uphold the standard to which we want to live.  To be the Christlike examples to others, to repent of our sins, to live His gospel to the fullest of our abilities.  Even better than renewing out covenants each week in church, we can be constantly led by the Spirit as we live worthily every moment of our lives.  We can be instrument and tools in the hands of God to perform his work in this life.  We can live the Atonement at every moment of every day.  We can be that shining example to others.  All this was made possible by our Savior and his infinite love for us.  I am eternally grateful to take part in it. Words just cannot do it justice. 

Even still, this is His gospel and it is perfect.  It is true.  Basta.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment