Random Ramblings of the Roaches

Random Ramblings of the Roaches

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Gabriel's 1st Owie

One weekend in April Gabriel and I headed down to Tucson to spend time with my parents.  Tyler and AmiCheri happened to be down that weekend also.  It was fun getting to spend some time with them.  We had so many good intentions of taking the baby boys out and doing fun activities, until we quickly discovered that they were on opposite schedules for naps...yeah, not good.  But that didn't stop AmiCheri and I from having fun.

It was during this trip to Tucson that Gabriel received his very first owie.  Papi had gone outside with Benson on this wooden cart so as to transport a TV to the storage room in his shop.  I tagged along bringing Gabriel out so he too could enjoy the show.  After the TV was placed in its new resting spot I put Gabriel on the wooden cart alongside Benson so that they could go on a little off-roading adventure around my parent's backyard. 
Seeing a great photo-op, I ran back inside to grab the camera leaving both boys with Papi.  I returned with the camera and got into position to take a picture.  My dad at that moment stopped pushing the cart so that I could snap the shot.  Well, we forgot about the law of physics that when something is in motion it will continue to be in motion until stopped by another force.  This is what happened to Gabriel.  Although the cart had stopped, the momentum and inertia of his little body was still in motion.  And being unable to control his mass (and there is a lot of it for him to control at this point - big boy!) he continued on the projected trajectory path the cart would have taken, earning him a face plant off of the cart onto the gravel ground. 
Immediately after he fell down and we got him to stop crying, he still wasn't very happy though.
Not exactly the photo-op I was planning on for sure.  Thankfully his fall to the ground was only about 6-8 inches so there was no severe or permanent damage was sustained.  Just a few scratches and a bit of a bruise.  Gabriel was a tough little boy and I doubt that he will be scarred (literally or figuratively) for life. 
 
Yep, he has officially sustained his first owie, but certainly not his last.  Welcome to mortality kid, it's a dangerous place.  I think he is up for the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment