Random Ramblings of the Roaches

Random Ramblings of the Roaches

Friday, May 2, 2014

Gilbert Temple Open House

During the month of February the church held the open house for the Gilbert Temple.  We reserved our tickets and went through with my family on Saturday, February 15th. 
Merma and Papi (my mom and dad)

My brother Tyler, his son Benson and wife AmiCheri


Eric, Gabriel and I
It was a beautiful day and the temple was even more beautiful. 
Waiting in line, AmiCheri, Myself and Papi (my dad)

The husbands found a cooler spot to wait than in the sun

Tyler, Benson, Eric and Gabriel

It was rather hot in the sun

Papi and Benson while we were still in line

Papi, Benson, Eric and Gabriel



Even Benson got to wear the protective shoe booties
  
We finally made it to the temple! So pretty!

It is a gorgeous temple. 


This will make it the 4th operating temple in Arizona.  ABC 15 News did a special broadcast about the this temple and about temples in general.  This link: ABC News Special takes you to the first segment of the broadcast and from there you can watch all the other segments of the broadcast; about 1 hour long.  It was really powerful the way they talked about the temple and what went in to building this temple specifically. Only the best for the Lord.

I feel lucky to have been in close enough proximity to attend the open house and walk through it.  Not only do that, but also that we can now attend it since it has been dedicated and is a full operating house of the Lord.  Here is an article the church wrote about the temple dedication itself. 

At this time I have so many feelings of gratitude and thankfulness. Not just because of the temple, but for all sorts of reasons.  But in regards to this post and the Gilbert Temple, I truly am so blessed to live where and when I do.  That we have such close access to temples and the freedoms to worship how we choose.  Many people do not have this luxury just yet and I pray that all who so desire will be able to do so. 

I love this gospel and what it means for me and my life.  I know that this is the Lord's church and that it is all true.    
We love the temple!

No comments:

Post a Comment