Even though we currently live in a semi ghettoish part of Mesa, Eric and I have felt pretty secure and safe in our particular townhome neighborhood. This is especially true because we live in the farther back corner of the townhomes and are pretty secluded. It is almost like our own little sanctuary at times and we have never had any issues that would cause us to question our safety. I mean, there have been a number of time where I have come home to see a police helicopter doing circles of our neighborhood with a large microphone yelling out instructions to those of us on the ground.
But there has nothing that has been nothing really scary that has happened to us or our little neighborhood.
Well, one day Mid July I came home from getting groceries and my neighbor asked me if I had passed by the U.S. Marshalls in our complex. I did not see anything of the sort and didn't worry too much about it. Patti (my neighbor) and I talked for a while longer speculating what could possibly be going on. After a half hour or so I went inside to put Gabriel down for his nap and to get Mikaela fed.
About an hour or so later I hear these two loud BANGS that caused our windows to shake and everything to quake a little bit. It almost sounded like some kind of bomb or gun fire. Come to find out it was actually 2 flash bombs. I peaked out my blinds into our little backyard area and I saw a bunch of U.S. Marshalls and Police men surrounding the house that is just behind our townhome. These guys were totally decked out with all sorts of firearms and meant serious business.
As I peeked out my bedroom and living room windows I snapped a bunch of photos.
They had this house surrounded. By standing on a chair I could look over the wall and see that there are also police cars on the neighborhood roads blocking it surrounding this one particular house.
Looking over the wall I could count another 5-8 officers looking into this neighbor's yard. I actually felt a bit bad for these guys because this particular day was recorded as the hottest day of the summer thus yet with temperatures getting up to about 115-116 degrees and these guys were standing out in that hot afternoon heat.
I even contemplated going outside and giving these guys some lemonade or water or something. It probably wouldn't have been the smartest idea so I didn't.
After about 2 or so hours I heard them yelling some stuff over a megaphone, and about 30 minutes after that I saw some of the guys hopping over the fence and looking into the house. I guess they didn't find what/who they were looking for because they left shortly thereafter.
In searching on the internet and watching the news nothing was ever reported. I never did find out what happened and why they had that house surrounded. Oh well... at least it made that day just a little more exciting than the rest.





No comments:
Post a Comment