We still love our kitties, Gabriel especially loves them. He gets the biggest grin on his face and he squeals out: "KIDDEEEE".... (more of a high pitched "Itty" but we think it means "Kitty" because that is what we call them when we see them). They have learned to take sanctuary in high up places where Gabriel cannot reach, such as: on top of the piano, on top of the armoire, on our bed, etc. If they are too slow they will have a baby size fist full of fur missing and probably some whiskers pulled out too. Raggio has become quite aware of where Gabriel is and takes great measures to avoid him. Mido on the other hand.... well I think he is just lazy in general so he only walks a couple of feet away and Gabriel inevitably follows after him. It takes a couple of times moving around for Mido to finally give in and go to higher ground. I am pretty certain this is because he is so stinkin fat that any extra effort to move that much or that high requires it to be his very last option for safety. No joke, Mido is that lazy/fat.
We actually took them to the vet mid-July and the weight difference was shocking. Keep in mind we feed them the same amount, and even take away Raggio's bowl from Mido so Mido will not have both portions. But that has not stopped Mido from putting on the pounds. Probably because he scarfs down all of his food in 5 seconds while Raggio eats his throughout the day.
Anywho, their weights were:
Raggio: 12 lbs 15 oz
Mido: 19 lbs 15 oz
Seriously, really really ridiculous! We have had to put Mido on a little bit of a diet to get him down a bit. Thankfully he doesn't use his weight too much when the two of them are playing around. Actually, because he is so fat he can't fit under the armoire. So when the kitties are rough housing and things get too rough Raggio dives under the armoire and Mido is left to sit on the outside part only being able to paw at him... hahahahaha!!
Even still, they have their moments of being completely adorable and just great pets. Raggio has this fun habit of waiting for me on the other side of the fiber glass door every time I take a shower. Within seconds of me drying off and stepping out he rubs up alongside my legs. No joke, this happens every time I take a shower, so at least one time a day, if not more often. It is almost as though he knows that I have washed "his" scent off of me and he feels the need to reapply to make certain that all cats in the outside world know that I belong to him. Like I said, adorable.
And Mido, well he loves all attention, it doesn't really matter from whom. But he is just so hilarious in his mannerisms. I love how he just lies on the carpet and rolls on to his back with all 4 of his paws up in the air. And he will lay there for hours, especially if you start to pet him, he just loves it. He really is so social. It is fun watching him interact with anyone that walks in our front door.
I do believe though that for them their all time favorite spot in the house would be on our bed. They each have their own designated location to lie down: Mido at the foot of the bed on my side and Raggio on my side just below my pillow. Who can blame them, with a comfy pillow top mattress that has an extra memory foam padding on top, I would lay there all day too! Poor Raggio gets kicked off every time I come in the room because he literally is lying in my spot, so he has to go to the foot of the bed. Good thing he doesn't take it personally... within seconds of me standing up he will just go right back to "his" spot. Funny kitties.
They are great members of our family and keep Eric and I company all the times, especially while we fold laundry or watch a show. They are our little guard cats protecting us from flies, moths and our unwelcome creepy crawling visitors (aka: scorpions...ugh!!). And as much as they get on our nerves for tearing up the carpet, they find a way to worm their way back in our good graces just by being cute. We love our kitties and hope that they will be around for many years to come.

.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment