Random Ramblings of the Roaches

Random Ramblings of the Roaches

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Gabriel in action at 7 months

Gabriel is really starting to become more and more interactive and I am loving it.  He is developing such a cute personality.  I love to see how he is growing and developing everyday.  Sometimes I look at my little baby and see how he is already starting to grow into such a little boy.  We have video of a couple of his more monumentous occasions.  Ok, I do have to warn you that some of these are probably boring for most people, especially if you don't have kids.  But as the mother of the child, I can't help but smile and enjoy his small victories.

First off, here is the first time we gave him a sippee cup on the 4th of January.  I wasn't here to witness it, but Eric took a video to show me how much of a pro he was even from the start.  He was a little more than 7 months old.

https://vimeo.com/90161854

Here is the first time we set up his Christmas present - the swing - in our patio doorway.  Everytime we put him in that sucker he just loves it.  He lights up and gets the biggest grin on his face and squeals in complete delight.  I love that he loves this gift.  And with the weather being so nice here during the winters it is the perfect gift for both of us.  Need to take advantage of this awesome time of year before it gets too hot. 

https://vimeo.com/90161853

Gabriel is officially eating out of a high chair and is slowly learning how to feed himself.  At 7 months he is getting quite good at it.  Plus he is thoroughly entertaining in his own forms of communication with me.  It is making a lot more sense why stay-at-home moms need an outlet of talking to an adult at least 1x a day, otherwise they just might forget how to have an intelligent conversation.  The little stinker totally knows though when I do pull out the video and try to get him talking.  One of these days I will get him when he doesn't know it.

https://vimeo.com/90161856

One of Gabriel's favorite games to play is hide n' seek.  While we (the parents) hide and pop out in different locations, Gabriel leans and looks to see where we will come up.  He gets the best grin on his face and laughs hysterically.  I was lucky enough to get this video one day and hopefully you can see just how much he enjoys this game.  We too have a lot of fun doing anything we can to make Gabriel laugh.  These are the little things that they say to live up everyday, and I am doing my best.  I know that all too soon this phase will pass and he will be on to new and "better" things. 

https://vimeo.com/90161855

This is probably one of my favorite videos.  This video was taken on January 23rd, so Gabriel is almost 8 months old.  He is finally getting to the point where he can sit up by himself, so long as he has a soft landing.  I don't blame the kid for taking so long to get to physical milestones, being as big as he is it is a wonder in and of itself.  He is already wearing 12 month old clothes, if not 18 month items sometimes too.  Anyways, this video is just hilarious to me of Gabriel being so proud of being able to sit up by himself.  I just love his laugh and how infectious it is. 

https://vimeo.com/90160165

Gabriel is such a delight to have in our home, no joke.  I won't lie and say that everyday is the best, because that is not true.  But he has such a sweet disposition and is so loveable.  He really is an angel child with a positive attitude the majority of the time.  I cannot believe how fast time is going.  He is almost 8 months old, oh my goodness!  Before I realize it he is going to be 8 years old, and then in the blink of an eye he will be a teenager, and then an adult, yikes!  Not just yet though, so I will continue to enjoy this first year of growth and discovery.  I hope that you enjoyed all the fun videos and seeing how quickly my little baby is growing into a little boy.  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment