Random Ramblings of the Roaches

Random Ramblings of the Roaches

Monday, March 24, 2014

Christmas Eve 2013

Christmas Eve was full of family fun; with Eric's family and also with our own individual little family.  We started the evening off going over to parent's home for dinner.  Following that we went around the neighborhood caroling and handing out holiday goodies.  As stated in a previous entry, we are a very talented group of singers, little kids included.

Here is proof of our awesome caroling abilities:

https://vimeo.com/88788065







 
Once we got done caroling we went back to have the grandkids perform the Nativity story for all of us adults.  It was quit entertaining to watch.
3 Wise Men, performed by: Jake, Seth and Luke

Joseph, Mary and baby Jesus, performed by Jonas, Penelope and baby doll

Behind the 3 wise men we have the angel - played by Lydia, and another shepherd - played by Addy

And lastly we have our final shepherd - played by Henry

The entire cast/crew


Mary and Joseph traveling to Bethlehem




The performance was very well done. All of us adults were thoroughly entertained.  After the show ended it was about time for all of us to head home to do our own individual family Christmas Eve activities.
 
For our own family we have started a couple of traditions that I love.  One of them is to get Christmas pajamas that we get to open Christmas Eve and wear that night.  Gabriel got some pretty sweet pajamas in my opinion.  Honestly, he could have cared less, but I had fun!
 





Well, maybe he did like his new pajamas :D


Work those jammies!













 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Of course we parents also got some rockin pajamas too.  It is funny because the shirt that I bought for Eric didn't fin him that well, so we switched shirts.  It was a good thing too because I look way better in it, even preggo!


Fear the Fork!

Hooray for new comfy pajamas!

Like I said, I looked way better in the shirt

Not too shabby


We finished off the evening by doing what I want to start as the traditional Christmas Eve interview.  Essentially I want to interview each of our kids on Christmas Eve to find out their thoughts and feelings on Christmas.

Here was Gabriel's interview:
https://vimeo.com/88788067

Let's see how well I continue to maintain these Christmas Eve traditions.  Only time will tell.

So, Merry Christmas Eve 2013!!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment