Random Ramblings of the Roaches

Random Ramblings of the Roaches

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Christmas Lights x 3

One of my favorite things about the holidays are the lights.  I love driving around and seeing houses decorated in an array of colors.  And I love being able to go to the different light activities that are around.  This year we went to 3 different Christmas light places: the lights at Mesa Temple, Winterhaven (a Winter Light Wonderland in Tucson) and to the lights at the Phoenix Zoo.  I never get tired of the lights.

Mesa Temple Lights

Our little family went to the temple lights with my dad, my brother Jason, his daughter Ellie and Jason's friend Lynn.  It was on one of the freezing cold nights of December.  Perfect weather in my opinion since Christmas lights are supposed to be in the winter and well, a semi-winter is better than no winter. 
Gabriel all bundled up for our outing.







Papi and Ellie


Papi, Ellie, Jason and Lynn


Eric, Gabriel and I


Papi, Me, Gabriel and Eric

Winterhaven Lights

In Tucson there is this neighborhood that goes all out decorating with Christmas lights.  I have tried to make an effort of going every single year.  It is fun to see how they vamp it up more and more each year.  Typically they have horse-drawn hayrides that people can ride and sometimes there are people selling hot chocolate.  Well this year they upped the stakes by having actual vendors selling all sorts of goodies: hot chocolate, burritos, kettle corn, etc.  We did splurge and get some kettle corn, which was delicious.  Eric couldn't come with us so it was just my dad, Gabriel and I.  It was a lot of fun.

Here is even a video I took of one of the more entertaining houses.

https://vimeo.com/88788069


Papi and Gabriel

Gabriel and I






Zoolights

This was the 2nd year that we went to the zoolights, and I must say that I am still a big fan.  Even though you don't really get to see any animals, it is still fun with all the activities.  Last year we went on a double date with a good friend and her husband.  This year we went with my brother Tyler, his wife AmiCheri and their son Benson. 
AmiCheri, Tyler and Benson
I really have a great time hanging out with my brother and his family.  They are such goofballs and make everything fun.














Since Tyler and AmiCheri hadn't been to the zoolights before, I talked it up to them saying about how cool of an experience it was going to be.  One of my favorite parts last year was the talking giraffe.  I was so looking forward to it this year.... but sadly the talking giraffe this year was very disappointing.  I mean, so stinkin boring and dull.  Thankfully I got a video of just how awesome the giraffe was from last year.

https://vimeo.com/88802287

I think that even though we pushed the baby boys to go past their bedtimes in order to be out for the evening, it was an overall fun experience for everyone. 

 




 


 
 

 




























I know that we will most definitely be going back next year, and Gabriel agrees that that is a good idea too.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment