3 days after Mikaela was born my 4th brother Tyler graduated from medical school at Midwestern University. Unfortunately we missed the big graduation ceremony (2nd year in a row - last year we missed it for my brother Nate when he graduated). But in talking with the other family members that were in attendance, we didn't miss too much. And especially having a little 1 year old would have made it a bit difficult I imagine trying to keep him entertained. They struggled with 2 18 month olds, along with 3 other kids under the age of 9.
After the graduation there was arranged to be a swim party at Tyler's apartment complex with some food and festivities. By the time we got all of our stuff together and made it over there we missed the swimming. Yet we were there to eat and mingle all together.
It was the first time that all of my siblings and I have been together in.... sheesh..... probably I got married, so 3+ years. I can't remember all 5 of us being together since then, that is I don't have any pictures of any other time. We took this chance to get a picture of all of us siblings.
 |
| L to R: Ryan, Tyler, Nate, Jason, myself |
and then with our parentals.
 |
| L to R: Nate, Ryan, Tyler, Carolyn, Dale, Jason, myself |
Now keep in mind, I had just given birth to Mikaela only 3 days before...
 |
| 3 day old Mikaela |
Personally I am pretty impressed that I was able to even get out of the house, let alone be wearing makeup or anything.
It was a lot of fun to just sit and talk with the gang. Crazy to see all of our kids now playing and doing those things and we (my brothers and I) are now the aunts and uncles, doing the boring adult thing of just talking...
 |
| Trying to teach my mom how to use her smartphone... again ;P |
"Lame"... as I used to think when I was younger. Now I totally get it. It really was great getting to spend so much time with my family. And it was fun to see all the little kids just playing around and having a good time.
 |
| Cousins, L to R: Ashley, Benson, Jocelyn, Caleb |
 |
| Savannah and Gabriel |
 |
| Tatiana and Gabriel |
Some of the cousins even had too much of a good time that they wore themselves out.
 |
| Benson attempting to eat lunch |
 |
| And out for the count |
I love that I have been able to interact and do things with my family. Even the fact that we have lived so close to one another for all these years has been such a serious blessing. We still get to enjoy that blessing with Eric's family until we move. Family really is the most important thing in this life... that and the gospel of course.
Anywho, that swim party was on Wednesday and then on Saturday we did one last family outing to Café Rio... big favorite of ours.
Food was delicious
 |
| Someone licked... well bit his plate clean |
It was great to get out of the house again and be with the family.
 |
| Tatian and Benson - 18 months; Gabriel - 12 months |
It was especially nice to do this one last outing because it was going to be one of the last times we would all be together. After we ate my parents were taking my brother Nate and his daughter Tatiana to the airport on their way out of town.
I have no idea when we will all be together again. That is why I am glad we made the most out of the opportunities that were given us.
No comments:
Post a Comment