Random Ramblings of the Roaches

Random Ramblings of the Roaches

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

3rd Anniversary

April 23rd, 2014 marked our 3rd anniversary.  As of right now I have spent more anniversaries pregnant than not... I intend on that not always being the case.  But because of the fact that I was almost 9 months pregnant (again) on our anniversary it limited the activities that we could/could not do.  It did not stop us from having a good time together and enjoying the celebration of having been sealed together for 3 years out of eternities.

We decided a while ago that on our anniversaries that we wanted to go to a temple and do sealing ordinances.  We will not always live close to a temple or have the ability to make this happen.  But we were lucky enough this year to be able to do so.  And it was really enjoyable. 

It brings back a lot of memories of when we got sealed and the emotions that we felt on that special day.  To have the words of the covenant repeated reminding us of the promises we have made, not only to one another, but to Heavenly Father and His kingdom, is a really powerful tradition.  We would highly recommend it to all married couples.  There is just something about recreating those thoughts and feelings as the original day itself.  Marriage really is for all eternity and not something to be taken lightly.  Refreshing the memory by attending the temples serves to put life into proper perspective. 
To cherish loved ones and not get too caught up on the worldly aspects when an eternal view point needs to be applied.  This earthly life is only but a small moment in the vast never ending eternities that are to come.  The important thing is to never forget how precious family is, for it is the only thing to last for forever.

Ok, enough of my intellectual lecturing, back to the date.  So, we went to the Mesa Temple and did sealings.  And afterwards we went to our infamous dinner joint - Texas Roadhouse.  I never get tired of their steaks!  It helps that we only go 2 times a year (our anniversary and for our birthdays) otherwise I might actually ruin the food for me.  Still, I love their steaks and rolls!  I am just salivating as I write about that meal. Mmm.... meat! 

Following dinner we decided to call it a night.  Eric had been staying up late that week working on some homework that needed to be finished and I hadn't been sleeping well due to being uncomfortable from the pregnancy.  So, we got home and were both in bed asleep by 9PM.  Talk about romantic ;D

For us this year, it was perfect.  In future years we will go more extravagant for our celebration activities.  And there will also be years when it will be just as low key as this one.  All in all, it doesn't really matter what we do, so long as we continue to honor the covenants daily that we made on our sealing/wedding day.  I won't go on and on about how much I love Eric because no one really wants to read all my mushy gushy stuff.  I will just say that I feel very lucky to call him my husband and can't imagine my life without him.  I love him and I look forward to our eternities together. 

Auguri Amo!

No comments:

Post a Comment