This year, I am going to do it! I am so going to do it.... My infamous words every year come Halloween time about having a costume idea and actually executing it by the big day. This year was no exception. I am proud to say that I did actually accumulate about 1/2 of the costume by Halloween itself, which was improvement considering most years I didn't get past the planning/deciding stage. Perhaps next year I will have better luck. I really wanted to have an awesome costume so that we could do a family theme since this was Gabriel's first year. After spending multiple hours searching online for a great idea, I finally decided on a Wizard of Oz theme. I got some pointers from a sister-in-law (who is da BOMB) at celebrating Halloween (I think a big part of that is the contributing fact that Halloween is this one brother's FAVORITE holiday of the year [her husband that is]). Well, we got Gabriel's costume but we failed in collecting the rest of the pieces for mine and Eric's costumes. Next year, next year we will do it.
We were also a bit unsuccessful at accomplishing our pumpkin carving night with my other brother. I am just going to throw a shout-out here that... Nate, without you here to get us totally excited for these Halloween activities, we fail...miserably!!
Nonetheless, Eric did carve his pumpkin in record time the night we were supposed to have this carving party.
 |
| Eric's masterpiece |
And I carved mine with a little help from Gabriel on Halloween day.
Then it was off to go trick-or-treating with two of Eric's sisters and their kids. These two sisters had coordinated their kids to be dressed as the girls from Despicable Me while the other set of kids were the little Minnions. Now, I haven't seen either of the movies, but I thought that they did a good job of representing them.
 |
| Hooray for coordinated outfits!! Don't they look awesome?! |
We of course didn't go as our planned Wizard of Oz theme... So Gabriel went as the most adorable lion. Eric wore his flight suit and went as a pilot (so much better than the costume pilot suits they sell at Halloween stores) and I grabbed all the University of Arizona clothes I own and went as a UofA fan....
Even though Gabriel won't remember this Halloween, I will and I am glad that we did something. I really enjoyed myself and so did Eric... and from what I could tell Gabriel did too. It was just great to spend time with the family.
I think that it is important to make the holidays feel different from all the other days of the year. Otherwise, what's the point of having a holiday if it is just the same as a regular day? Exactly! So I intend on making every holiday count to the fullest... or at least as much as I can or have the energy come each holiday.
So, even though it is a little late, all we have left to say is Happy Halloween!
No comments:
Post a Comment