Here in the valley is a park called: Tempe Beach Park. It is a wonderful park that is right next to Tempe Town Lake (a man made water reservoir) near ASU Tempe Campus. They have lots of events at this park year round.
One such event is a memorial set up to commemorate 9/11. For the last couple of years they have set up this beautiful memorial site where people can come to pay their respects to the lives lost on that terrible day. I heard about it on the radio and decided to go and check it out with Gabriel.
I must say, it was quite a site to see.

They set up a flag for every single victim who died on that horrid day.

Almost 3,000 flags were set up in total.

Quite a sight if you can get the image from these few photos. Those who worked in the pentagon had military boots at the base of their flags. The flags that really got to me were the ones that had little teddy bears tied around them for the children that died on the airplanes.
Now that I have Gabriel, seeing little kids and watching shows that have babies really touch me differently. it breaks my heart to see anything that involves mistreatment or abuse of a child, let alone a baby. I cannot imagine the heartbreak that mothers feel when they lose a child. I just hope that I never have to experience that ever in my lifetime.
Anywho, back to 9/11... I know that we all remember that dreadful day with many different memories of where we were and what we were doing. It is a date that will stay in our minds for forever.
One such event is a memorial set up to commemorate 9/11. For the last couple of years they have set up this beautiful memorial site where people can come to pay their respects to the lives lost on that terrible day. I heard about it on the radio and decided to go and check it out with Gabriel.
| He really got a lot out of the experience if you can't tell... |
They set up a flag for every single victim who died on that horrid day.
Almost 3,000 flags were set up in total.
Anywho, back to 9/11... I know that we all remember that dreadful day with many different memories of where we were and what we were doing. It is a date that will stay in our minds for forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment