Random Ramblings of the Roaches

Random Ramblings of the Roaches

Sunday, June 16, 2013

1st Pregnancy in a Nutshell

Wow, hard to believe that my first pregnancy is really over, but I have the pictures to prove it.  I think that it is probably a good thing that I did not document all my feelings and physical side effects on a continuous basis because it probably wouldn't have been a very positive outlook.  Knowing me, it would have actually deterred me from getting pregnant again more than likely, although I doubt that Heavenly Father will allow that to happen.  I get the feeling He still has souls up there He wants to send to our family so I better buck up and gear down for all the rest.  That being the case, I am only going to give Him like 10 years total in which He can send them, cause after that I get my body back!  ;)  

Speaking of body, I cannot believe how much mine changed during pregnancy.  Being pregnant was different from what I was expecting.  The feeling of having the child grow inside was on such a different level than what I anticipated.  It really was quite surreal at moments. I am still in awe that I did it. And here are the pictures to prove it. 

 In the pictures I measured time according to what week I was going into, not how many weeks I had completed.  
Wk 7 - Oct 14th
Wk 12 - Nov 18th
Wk 16 - Dec 16th
Wk 20 - Jan 13th
Wk 24 - Feb 17th
Wk 28 - Mar 17th
Wk 33 - Apr 21st
Wk 37 - May 12th
Wk 39 - May 24th
This last picture was taken at the hospital the night before Gabriel was born.  So, although I say Wk 39, I was actually only 37 weeks and 6 days along.  Little Gabriel decided to make his appearance early by 2 weeks and 1 day.  Ever the anxious and eager soul, but more on that in the story of his birth.  

For now, I will say looking back, I didn't realize just how huge I had gotten!  It certainly didn't feel like I was carrying a watermelon on my belly, but this last picture sort of proves it.  I won't lie, at times I was quite sarcastic with people when they asked me about being pregnant.  Typically the conversation went as follows:

Patron -"Are you pregnant?"
Me -"Pregnant... no, I just ate a really big lunch."
Patron - (awkward pause).... "Oops, I didn't mean, it just looks like..."
Me -(Smiling and laughing) "Yes, of course I am pregnant!"

And people actually believed me when I said that I ate a big lunch, hah!  I can be so cruel sometimes.  I hope that Heavenly Father doesn't strike me down with lightning.

As far as how I felt during the pregnancy, lets just say that I felt pregnant and leave it at that.  And there in a nutshell you have my first pregnancy.  

    

No comments:

Post a Comment