That is one thing that I miss from my time spent in Utah. I loved feeling the seasons change through the weather and mother nature. I loved watching all the new growth on all the trees, flowers and bushes as I would walk around Provo.
In Arizona we don't quite get the same sense of season changes as in other places in the U.S. and world. We have amazing winters, don't get me wrong. Just sometimes in the early months of Spring I desperately cling on to the idea that perhaps, just maybe, the summer won't be quite so blistering with highs that would only reach the 90's... but those are wishful thoughts, especially considering we live in the middle of a desert. That doesn't stop me from enjoying these wonderful Spring months before the real heat wave does set it. I do love the nostalgia I feel knowing that Spring leads into Summer. Summer to me brings on so many memories of relaxation, fun, and adventures. Even though I am out of school and have not been on a school schedule for 2 years, I still feel the anticipation in the air of the coming months of Summer. I look forward to warm evenings around a campfire having a BBQ and making smores and peach cobbler and knowing that we can stay up late because we have no responsibilities or school the next day. The long sunny days spent by a pool-side having many underwater adventures for hours on end. Looking forward to the upcoming trip/vacation to unknown lands and destinations with friends &/or family and the memories that will be created. The lazy Sunday afternoons spent on the couch in the company of loved ones discussing old memories and years gone-by. Ah yes, Summer is indeed on its way. For now though I will continue to bask in the beauty of Spring.

No comments:
Post a Comment