Random Ramblings of the Roaches
Tuesday, April 23, 2013
Our 2nd Anniversary
Two years ago today Eric and I were sealed in the Mt. Timpanogos Temple in American Fork, Utah as husband and wife for time and all eternity. I know that we are only at the beginning stage still in the eternal perspective of things. Yet it is wonderful to know that we already have 2 years under our belts. That is quite an accomplishment. Yes, it has not been completely blissful since we both said yes. There have been a handful of times that have really caused both of us to stretch and grow in ways we didn't know possible, not only personally but as a couple. But the majority of the time has been amazing and wonderful. I would say that our adjustment to marriage was really pretty easy compared to most people. I didn't feel that all that much changed after we said yes and walked out of the temple. The only thing that had really changed besides being sealed one to another by proper priesthood authority and having all the perks that come with finally being married (all that that entails... no more details needed...ahem...) was trying to figure out how to sign my new name. I know that this is because Eric and I were as real in our relationship when we were friends, dated and then engaged as we are now 2 years later in the marriage. Being married really is the best!! No joke, I thank Heavenly Father every day for allowing me to be sealed to the perfect man for me. I can only hope that every spouse feels as lucky as I do on a daily basis being sealed to their eternal companion. So yes, in the real world here, there are good time and bad times. But, the good times more than make up for the bad. It is the hard/difficult/trying times that cause our relationship to develop depth and substance. I wouldn't have it any other way because it makes our marriage real, not just a lovey dovey "fantasty" romance that is projected from Hollywood. Our love is real, and will only continue to get more real as we go through this life and the eternities together. So, bring it on life, we are ready! Happy Anniversary to us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
+-+Copy.jpg)
+-+Copy.jpg)
.jpg)
+-+Copy.jpg)
Such a beautiful bride you are! LOVED this post girl! Happy Anniversary to you both, and hope that you folks will have a splendid day! :) Thank you for being real in your post and emphasizing that people are not always perfect in a marriage, yet through the things each couple goes through, that is what creates substance, it keeps things interesting! :) Love you! and again, have a beautiful day with the love of your life! :) Can't wait to see the little fella - cause he will definitely be a symbol of your love for each other, so precious! :)
ReplyDelete