I found a cartoon on Facebook that cracked me up about husband and wife sleeping territories on the bed. It seriously made me laugh out loud.
Typically, staying in our designated sleeping areas has never been a problem, until the pregnancy. Let's just say the bigger I get as Gummi grows, the harder it is to sleep. And I know that any pregnant woman out there can relate. The thing that really gets to me is that every mom to me always says "Enjoy your sleep now, because once the baby gets here you won't get anymore!"... Yeah well, I am not getting any sleep now anyways, what do you say to that!?!?
I can say this much though, I read in a pregnancy book this statement and I completely agree: "There is no such thing as too many pillows when you are pregnant" - True dat!! At one point I was sleeping with 4 pillows and a teddy bear just to get me comfortable. The only problem was that I had to make about 10 trips to the bathroom each night to relieve my bladder, and each time I came back to the bed I had to reposition all those pillows.
I finally caved in and bought myself a nice fancy pregnancy pillow. It is called the Back 'N Belly Pillow by Leacho. Talk about amazing!!!
From the looks of it the pillow it seems to take up more than half the bed, but it doesn't. Eric actually still has his half of the bed to sleep on, well, mostly. Irregardless, my comfort is worth the extra couple of inches, I mean I am giving up my comfort and body to grow his child (and future children).
Now, if only we could coordinate the appropriate sleeping temperature. Darn these raging hormones turning me into a walking furnace. I am finally starting to recognize the ongoing battle my parents have been having for years. No wonder my mom only sleeps with a sheet and having 1 of her legs out in the open to keep her cool while my dad has about 5 blankets, fleece pajamas, beenie and thermal socks on each night. Sorry Eric ;)

Glad you're finding ways to get comfortable, the last couple months are rough on sleep. The deal with after the baby comes is that you actually have to get up, feed, change and comfort the baby - so I guess people should say "rest as much as you can even if you can't sleep." it's all worth it though!
ReplyDelete