I know that Heavenly Father knew that I couldn't handle (nor would want) a difficult baby. He knew that if He sent me a difficult spirit that I would say : "Fine, this child is going to be an only child in our family. You can forget me having any more kids if you expect for me to raise this baby and not kill it". Thankfully that is not the case (for my sake and for Gabriel's).
Gabriel is such an easy baby, and I don't say that to brag or to make other people feel worse about their difficult children. I only say that to state fact. Besides crying when he is hungry, Gabriel doesn't cry. He is the most mild tempered and sweet spirited baby that I have ever met. Granted, I have a totally biased opinion since he is my own son.
But seriously though, this boy is literally a godsend child. What kind of baby will fall asleep anywhere you lay him down without fussing?
And when I say fall asleep anywhere, I do mean anywhere.
Whether it be in his bassinet, his crib, his swing, on a blanket on the ground during tummy-time, on a plush pillow in our arms and lap during feedings, on a towel on the kitchen table, or under a chair at the pool - this baby doesn't care.
He will sleep anywhere.
Who does that? What kind of baby is content looking around and kicking his little frog leg kicks for hours after a feeding?
Maybe I am biased, and I probably am in the case of Gabriel and his ways and who he is as a baby. Even still, I would like to think that he is a special case. Many people have commented on just that fact, of how easy a baby he is and how amazing it is that he will sleep anywhere. I wonder if people just don't remember what it was like when their children were newborns...Or perhaps, Gabriel really is just that special.
Either way, I am grateful. I am grateful and I thank Heavenly Father every day in my prayers for making my transition into motherhood relatively easy. I am grateful to have a healthy and happy baby. I am grateful to have Gabriel's sweet spirit in our lives and a member of our family.
No comments:
Post a Comment